Sunday, December 1, 2013

Black Friday Movie Reviews

    This year is the first year I went to a Black Friday event.  I didn't have any thing in mind but I wanted to see what was being offered.  My store of for great deals was Walmart but upon arriving there really wasn't as many deals as I thought but I think that thinking was my fault.  After wandering the isles I eventually made it back to the DVD/CD/Book section where they had $5.00 movies and picked up four.  I've watched all of them and thought I would share with you what I think and would also love to know what you think of the movies if you have seen them and what movies you would recommend me.

This Means War: Starring Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine, and Tom Hardy.  Chris and Tom play two "not-so-covert" covert agents fall in love with Reese's character.  Hilarity ensues when the two agents realize they like they same person and use their agent resources to win her to one of their sides.  The actors in this movie really portray the characters well and it's not some sappy romance movie either.  There is enough antics and action to make even a guy like this movie.

Immortals: This is the Greek tale of Theseus's battle against King Hyperion.  I liked the movie but it didn't meet my expectations.  The graphics could have been a little better and I think the story line could be thickened but there is hot muscled guys and action with blood shed which makes up for it, oh! and some romance mixed in too but muscles...abs, really help:)

Footloose: Oh!!!  Bring on the Bacon, Kevin Bacon that is.  I love the story of the movie, the scenery, the clothes, the singing and dancing.  I just love to see how things were in the past.  My favorite character is played by Chris Penn and when he learns to dance is my favorite part of the movie.  This is definitely a must see in any persons point of view.

Shawshank Redemption: I don't even have words to describe how good this movie is.  If it was in Britain it would be labeled a masterpiece because that's how good it is.  After I watched this it shot up to second place on my movie list because Forest Gump is the raining champ but Shawshank is a close, close runner up.  If you haven't seen it yet you are missing out and need to watch it by any means necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment